Saturday, January 17, 2009

Moving Day

I have to say I have some incredible friends.  The kind I could call at 2am and they would come running.  The kind I can leave my kids with and know, without question, that they're in probably better care than we give them.  So when one of them moved into a new house, I was more than happy to assist.  But I was not alone.  
      I sincerely hope that when the day comes for me to vacate this house, (and move into one more befitting of a family of six), that I have that many folks show up to help.    No moaning or complaining, and no standing around waisting time;  just one day of totally focused efforts to get the job done and get on with life. Cool.
I am certainly blessed to be surrounded by the type of folks I am, especially since I have children who, like all kids, are influenced by the friends I keep.  Well, I would be fine if they were influenced by my friends.  Friends, not acquaintances
      The number of names on that list is low, and sometimes I wish there were more.  But those we have are awesome, and each one has their own unique reason for being so special.  So if any one of them moved tomorrow, I'd be right there to help again.     

No comments:

Post a Comment