Monday, February 9, 2009

Day 8

Please forgive me for not posting anything since Friday...its been hard to sit down and just write.   Its not that Ive been really busy, I just didn't take the time. 
 
So lets catch up.

Today is day 8 of my planned 30 day fast.  Last night I purchased a juicer from Wal-Mart and have decided to jump on the fresh juice bandwagon.  (Hopefully my version of juicing is as effective as Bonds and Canseco's, but without the needles.)  I have to admit, I don't know that I have ever drank fresh-squeezed carrots, and definitely not celery and bell peppers, but WOW.....they are seriously good!  If the information I have been reading is accurate, then this should aide in my weight-loss goals.  At the very least, freash vegetable and fruit juice has to be good for me.  Right?

Anyway, the weekend was pretty enjoyable.  We didn't have to be somewhere we didn't want, and the weather was awesome.  Megan and Dawson finished their whirlwind stage tour Saturday afternoon (see below for more info) and Sunday was very lazy.  Dawson actually got to steer his Poppy's tractor while they cleaned up the garden; I guess getting ready or planting.  I started planning the dining room table and bench I am going to construct, and then headed over to Wallyworld for groceries.  And the juicer.

So now I am back at work, well, my office.  I have more to post but I will stop here and pick it up again later.




1 comment:

  1. Get the big mouth juicer. It is great! You are inspiring me to juice again...

    Also, 4 carrots and 1 granny smith apple juiced together is WONDERFUL! The juicer will also come with some great juice recipes. Keep us posted on how you do!

    You should join flickr and do the 365 self portrait challenge to track your progress too. That would get a photography challenge in as well. :) Once you join Flickr, let me know and I will accept you as friend and you can see my 365 photos and the group to join.

    Blessings! Jenn

    ReplyDelete