Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Potential changes?

Lets be clear......fasting is not the easiest thing to do.  Your head hurts, you get a nasty taste in your mouth, and your stomache makes very loud noises.  It is not exactly conducive to putting you in a great state of mind.  

Maybe thats why I can stick to it easier than a diet.  No portioning issues, no counting calories or fat grams....just dont eat anything.  Pretty simple.  
So I have to admit I was a little stoked when I stumbled on a website today fully engaged in the process and direction of weight-loss through fasting.  In fact, there is a LOT on the web about the topic, and it was pretty interesting.  Juice fasts, water-fasts, tea fasts, etc.  The common denominator? No solid food for a set time period of between 1 and 40 days.  The results? Incredible.  And what shocked me was that no one was selling a "program" or "system".  There are books for sale on these sites, and some "planning" type materials, but nothing like you see in a generic weight-loss arena.  I guess its because no ones gonna sign up and shell out money for a plan that cant be labled "no-hunger" no will-power necessary" or whatever.  
That would be bull@#$.

Today's day 3.  I think at this point I will stay with my original plan of 7 days, and then be diligent about the foods I eat from there on.  However, if I continue to read about all the positive benefits of withholding food from my system, I may extend this out longer.  I cant help but believe that if, done under strict guidelines, I can break my addition to sugars, and fats and food in general, that I could succeed in my goals faster than trying to manage the never-ending barrage of question marks that arise while "dieting".  
I guess we'll find out......

No comments:

Post a Comment